Violin Lessons - Traditional * Suzuki * Fiddling * Swing Jazz
Lessons start at $130 a month
- Tuition payments are due monthly at the first lesson of each month, which usually falls during the first week of each month.
- Fees are based on 4 lessons per month. Monthly fees may be lowered or increased, depending on the number of lessons in the month.
- A $5 late fee is charged for tuition payment made after the first week of each month.
- Violin instruction includes a mandatory Group Lesson on the first Friday of every month except July and August
- The student pays for missed lessons.
- Lessons canceled by the teacher are either reimbursed, credited or made up at the discretion of the teacher.
- Students need to arrive at lessons on time, with instruments and music. Please see that children have used the bathroom and cleaned hands ahead of time.
- A parent is expected to attend all lessons of children, unless the instructor tells parents otherwise.
- The parent is to take notes during the lesson or record the lesson for home study.
- The student and parent must commit to daily home practice and listening to the recordings.
- Choral Music Instructor K-8, Progressive Schoolhouse, Paradise, CA, since 1992
- Chico Symphony Orchestra member since 1984
- Chico Strings found and member since 1988
- M.A. Music Education, CSU, Chico, 1988
- Piano Studies at New England Conservatory of Music and Berklee School of Jazz, Boston, MA
- Cello Studies with Marie Carpentier, Boston University, Boston, MA
- Violin Studies with David Stockhammer, L.A. Philharmonic, and David Mallory, CSU, Chico
- Suzuki Violin Teacher Training, 1985, 1986, 1993
- Orff Schulwerk Training, 1977
- Waldorf Teacher Training, 1976-1978
- Dalcroze Eurhythmics Workshop, Chico, CA, 1988
- Stanford Jazz Workshop, Stanford University, 1994
- Musical Therapy Training K-12, Camphill, Aberdeen, Scotland, 1978